Saturday, March 29, 2008

Boredom

Dear reader:

We wrote this when we were really bored. But we were wondering why TYAN would build a motherboard that supports 128GB of ram and we came up with this.

This motherboard supports 128GB of ram and has 16 slots.

What TYAN could have been thinking of when they designed it:
Tyan worker 1: What are we going to do with this overstock of ram slots?
Tyan Worker 2: I don’t know let’s build more motherboard I guess.
The next day
Tyan worker 2: Hey we have a problem.
Tyan worker 1: Whats the problem?
Tyan worker 2: We have way too many ram slots and way too little motherboards to put them on to
Tyan worker 1: I think I have a solution... How many boards do we have? And how many ram slots do we have?
Tyan worker 2:800-boards and 12,801ram slots why?
Tyan worker 1: OK lets... put 16 ram slots on each board...
Tyan worker 2: Are you serious... who in the world will use all of them and plus each slot supports 8GB of ram that means that motherboard will support 128GB of ram.
Tyan worker 1: Ohh well. We will just see how many people will buy it. And since we are running out of solder lets just glue the last 6
Then the next day they go into mass production....
The next week...
Tyan worker 1: what are we going to do with all of these CPU slots?

What Fry's might tell you:

Customer walks into the store with the motherboard
Customer: Hey do you have enough of these thingees to fill all of these slot thingees?
Fry's worker: Ahh let me check...

What could have happened...
Result 1:
Fry's worker: Ahh I sorry we only have enough to fill half of them
Result 2:
Fry's worker: Yeah we have enough but its $899.99 for two ram sticks its 8GB tho so it comes with 2 4GB's
Customer: How much would it be to fill up all of my slots?
Fry's worker: About $7,200 without tax. Would you like to pay in Cash or with a pink slip the car has to be worth about the same amount?
Customer: Ahh can you put it on hold. I have to take out a lone

Customer service call
Customer: I am having problems with my mother board.
cust.service:Um can you please give me the product number on your motherboard?
Customer: sure give me a sec I have to open my sever
A few minutes later...
Customer: It’s S5397WAG2NRF.
cust.service: OK so sir let me enter that into my computer
cust.service: OK so what is your problem?
Customer: The last 6 memory slots don’t work.

What could have happened.

Result 1:
cust.service: Ok...You have to update the adhesion *ahem* software layer patch update
Result 2:
cust.service: Ohh we put them there thinking that no one will fill them all up
Result 3
cust.service: Ohh it’s just for looks... it looks pretty don’t you think?